All full-time regular faculty of the College of the Arts at Georgia State University are eligible to apply. College of the Arts faculty may also include faculty outside the College (whether in other colleges or outside the University) in a project proposal. However, all project proposals must originate from within the College of the Arts and Project Leads must be COTA Faculty. Only one individual faculty member may serve as Project Lead on a submitted RFP.
- Ideally, three CENCIA Premier Grants (CPG) will be awarded each year to one large-scale project originating from each of the respective main units of the College of the Arts: the Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design, the School of Film, Media & Theatre, and the School of Music.
- Submitted RFPs must demonstrate some form of collaboration between other units in the College of the Arts or outside professional arts organizations in the Metro-Atlanta area.
- Each selected CPG project may be awarded up to $12,000.00 in funding support.
- CPG proposals are open to any school within the College. There are no restrictions to the number of proposals originating from each respective unit in the College; however, only one individual faculty member may serve as Project Lead on a submitted RFP.
- Spotlight On The Arts (SOTA) projects may receive up to $2,500.00 in funding support pending budgetary constraints. While these grants may be used for smaller scale projects, SOTA funding is primarily made available to encourage the development of interdisciplinary courses within the College of the Arts.
- SOTA proposals are open to any school within the College. There are no restrictions to the number of proposals originating from each respective unit in the College; however, only one individual faculty member may serve as Project Lead on a submitted RFP.
In the instance that there are leftover funds after all accepted proposals have been awarded, CENCIA will offer a Mid-Year Project Support Grant for any pre-existing projects that could benefit from extra funds.
What makes a great proposal?
- High-profile artists
- Reaching all areas of the College of the Arts – Music element, Art element, Film/ Theater element, etc.
- Partnering with other organizations on campus (some organizations may also contribute to additional funding)
- Partnering with surrounding schools or programs
What do I need solidified before turning in my RFP?
- Venue or space rental- please provide at least two potential dates. The venue must be confirmed pending grant approval.
- Honorarium amount for guest(s)
- Agreements/ confirmations with all involved personnel (attached emails, letters, etc.)
What should I consider when creating the budget?
- $500 will automatically be deducted from your final award amount to go towards marketing and advertisement for your project. This will include digital marketing, your website creation and basic event promotion. More information can be found in the RFP, section L.
- Travel and accommodations for your guest(s) (if applicable)
- Flights- will need to be booked through GSU’s travel service or reimbursed to guest directly
- Hotel- invoicing preferred, tax exempt
- Transportation- pre-paid driving services (Uber, Lyft, etc.), rental car (preferably booked through GSU travel services), personally shuttling (most common)
- Some choose to make the honorarium all-inclusive with the addition of travel accommodations. If you prefer meals to be covered separately, you can use the state mandated per diem rates (these fluctuate each month) or communicate a covered amount you want them to receive.
- Reimbursement is also an option, please make sure to let your guest(s) know that alcohol is not covered and to receive reimbursement, they will need to submit an itemized receipt with either a copy of their bank statement or a copy of the card used.
What responsibilities will fall to the CENCIA Staff?
- Preparing and sending all agreement paperwork
- Basic marketing and promotion
*any additional promotion other than this list will be at the responsibility of the project lead
- Event Webpage
- Facebook event
- Arts Atlanta posting
- Access Atlanta posting
- Social Media posts (from CENCIA accounts)
- University Calendar event set up
- Eventbrite posting
- Assistance in event set up
- CENCIA pop-up banners will be required to be present at event wherever appropriate
CENCIA Staff is able to assist with the following provided payments are made using CENCIA funds:
- Booking hotel and flights
- Processing payments for guest(s)
- Booking photographer (if requested)
*photographer fee applies
- Assist with catering orders (if applicable)
*cannot be paid with CENCIA account
- Extensive marketing promotion