*This portal is designed for any College of the Arts Faculty members that are either considering to apply or have already applied for a CENCIA grant.
- Three CPG (CENCIA Premier Grant) awards will be given in 2019-2020 and awarded to one project originating from each of the respective main units of the College of the Arts: the Ernest G. Welch School of Art & Design, the School of Film, Media & Theatre, and the School of Music.
- Each selected CPG project may be awarded up to $12,000.00 in funding support.
- Spotlight On The Arts (SOTA) projects which may receive up to $2,500.00 in funding support pending budgetary constraints.
- SOTA proposals are open to any school within the College and there is no restriction to the number of proposals originating from each respective unit in the College.
What makes a great proposal?
Consider the following when creating your project:
- High-profile artists
- Reaching all areas of the College of the Arts – Music element, Art element, Film/ Theater element, etc.
- Partnering with other organizations on campus (some organizations may also contribute to additional funding)
- Partnering with surrounding schools or programs
What do I need solidified before turning in my RFP?
Although we are awarding grants far in advance, we ask that you have these things confirmed:
- Venue or space rental- please provide at least two potential dates. The venue must be confirmed pending grant approval.
- Honorarium amount for guest(s)
- Agreements/ confirmations with all involved personnel (attached emails, letters, etc.)
What should I consider when creating the budget?
We advise you consider the following:
- Marketing and advertisement for your project (estimate around +/- $500)
- Travel and accommodations for your guest(s) (if applicable)
- Flights- will need to be booked through GSU’s travel service or reimbursed to guest directly
- Hotel- invoicing preferred, tax exempt
- Transportation- pre-paid driving services (Uber, Lyft, etc.), rental car (preferably booked through GSU travel services), personally shuttling (most common)
- Some choose to make the honorarium all-inclusive with the addition of travel accommodations. If you prefer meals to be covered separately, you can use the state mandated per diem rates (these fluctuate each month) or communicate a covered amount you want them to receive.
- Reimbursement is also an option, please make sure to let your guest(s) know that alcohol is not covered and to receive reimbursement, they will need to submit an itemized receipt with either a copy of their bank statement or a copy of the card used.
What responsibilities will fall to the CENCIA Staff?
All approved proposals will receive the following assistance from CENCIA staff:
- Preparing and sending all agreement paperwork
- Basic marketing and promotion
*any additional promotion other than this list will be at the responsibility of the project lead
- Facebook event
- Arts Atlanta posting
- Access Atlanta posting
- Social Media posts (from CENCIA accounts)
- University Calendar event set up
- Eventbrite posting
- Assistance with the project website (required for approved proposals)
- Assistance in event set up
- CENCIA pop-up banners will be required to be present at event wherever appropriate
CENCIA Staff is able to assist with the following provided payments are made using CENCIA funds:
- Booking hotel and flights
- Processing payments for guest(s)
- Booking photographer (if requested)
*photographer fee applies
- Booking catering orders (if applicable)
- Extensive marketing promotion